What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Funny Story About Accidental Ejection from French Fighter Jet

He might not get membership in the Martin-Baker "Tie Club" as the enrollment event must be an emergency.

"Life membership of the Martin-Baker Tie Club is confined solely to persons who have ejected from an aircraft in an emergency using a Martin-Baker designed ejection seat, and thereby saved their life."

Hopefully, he makes a full recovery.

Hi Steve, unrelated to your post, I have lost your email address, will you email me please
Mick

Btw the Aircraft, which was brand new, is lost , and will serve as spare parts reserve for the fleet... The pilot managed to land safely with injuries to his face. And the real big problem was not the accidentally ejection of the civil but the malfunction of the ejection procedure, as the pilot should have been ejected too if it has been working well...

Good story, Vlad. The ejectee probably had his spine compressed in addition to all else. A very costly mistake, but it could prove fortunate since it pointed out a flaw in the ejection system which, if corrected, could save pilots in the future.

Funny, I was going at the posts backwards and Vlad posted about the same thing. I, too, caught the failed ejection system and the spinal compression for the ejectee.