What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russian OG-7

MINENAZ16

Ordnance approved
Hello,

-I'm looking for good pictures of Russian model of 40mm OG-7 (cyrillic markings).

-what is the difference between OG-7 and OG-7V ?

Regards

The OG-7V often seen (below), with its PG-7PM charge, is commonly stated to be Russian, but as far as I'm aware, Russia never produced this, it was a Bulgarian development.

OG-7V - 1.jpg

The Russian OG-7V is essentially a copy of the Bulgarian OG7-VMZ (below).

OG-7VMZ - Rotated.jpg

As to what the difference is between an OG-7 and an OG-7V is, an OG-7 is a projectile, OG-7V is a round, so the projectile and the charge. The V short for 'Vystrel' (Выстрел), a round of ammunition.

Anyway, your images.
OG-7 Projectile - 1.jpgOG-7 Projectile - 2.jpgOG-7 Projectile - 3.jpgOG-7V - 1.jpgOG-7V - 2.jpgOG-7V - 3.jpgOG-7V - 4.jpgOG-7V four rounds.jpgOG-7V manual data - 1.jpg

PS It's not a rocket, it's a projectile, as it has no rocket motor. Plus, it's fired from a recoilless gun, aka the RPG-7, which doesn't mean 'rocket-propelled grenade', it means hand-held grenade launcher (Ручной Противотанковый Гранатомёт, Ruchnoy Protivotankovyy Granatomet!

Last edited:
Thanks for details, so lot of mistakes in my job's documentation !
3 questions :
-1- Now I understand difference between OG7 and OG7V but why sometimes marking on warhead is OG-7 or OG-7V for the same projectile ? (is it when propellant is delivered separatly ?)
-2- Why no new nomenclature for the frag warhead you show ? (not the same shape as original OG7)
-3- What means markings on green fins cylinder (see pictures).
Thanks
bulgarian og7v.jpg

It's a common thing for there to be mistakes and misunderstandings. I've seen many errors in reference material that had been accepted as fact for 30 odd years. My advice, always, if you have time, check and verify.

To answer your questions.

1) It depends if they sell it as a round, or as component parts, and how they mark it up. In reality, the projectile should be marked up as OG-7 and the fin unit/propulsion charge assembly (the expulsion charge, its igniter charge, the fin stabilising unit and the tracer), as PG-7x, where the x is the model of assembly. The OG-7 is commonly supplied with the PG-7P, the fin unit/propulsion charge assembly used with the original RPG-7 anti-armour round, the PG-7V. This made up of the rocket-boosted PG-7 projectile (grenade) and the PG-7P fin unit/propulsion charge assembly.

2) What, the second image? That's a Bulgarian OG-7VMZ produced by VMZ (Vazovski Mashinostroitelni Zavodi). The image below is marked up.

OG-7VMZ.png

3) As explained in 1), it's the markings for the fin unit/propulsion charge assembly. RPG-7 rounds use different assemblies depending on their aerodynamics and weight. Some Russian examples combinations below.

PG-7V = PG-7 projectile (grenade) + PG-7P fin unit/propulsion charge assembly
PG-7VM = PG-7M + PG-7PM
PG-7VS = PG-7S + PG-7PM
PG-7VS1 = PG-7S1 + PG-7PM
PG-7VL = PG-7L + PG-7PL
PG-7VR = PG-7R + PG-7PR
OG-7V = OG-7 + PG-7P
TBG-7V = TBG-7 + PG-7PR
TBG-7VL = TBG-7L + PG-7PR

Last edited:
Brillant Eggburt1969, thanks a lot for all these useful informations, I realize I knew nothing on this subjet !!
I'll clean immediatly my documentation with real informations.

Last edited:
No problem MINENAZ16,

If you want the makings in Cyrillic, let me know.

For note, the rocket motor's inertia-fired delay igniter (ZV-7x [ЗВ-7], the x varying with model) commonly differs in each model too. This is because the rounds all have different initial firing accelerations and muzzle velocities. So hence, for safety, you want their motors to ignite at different times so they are a safe distance away from the launcher operator.

Second note, the original PG-7V round's motor differs from all the later models and is the only one with it's own designation, PG-7D (ПГ-7Д). The later models are all variants of the motor used on the PG-7M projectile.

Last edited:
Hi MINENAZ16
... fuse GO-2 ...
Maybe it's the fuse (fragment operated from the cavity) .. Here goes this spin

fragment.jpg
in the text of the article they write about a fuse from VOG, but it is not VOG-17, VOG-17M,VOG-17A or VOG-30 .. and it does not seem to me to be from VOG-25 , VOG-25R etc . either
What do you think about it ?
Drawings : OG-7V manual data - 1.jpg- > fuse GO-2 or not ? (GO-2 the lower part of the outline-detonator )
Akon

Last edited:
Hi MINENAZ16
... fuse GO-2 ...
Maybe it's the fuse (fragment operated from the cavity) .. Here goes this spin

View attachment 180657
in the text of the article they write about a fuse from VOG, but it is not VOG-17, VOG-17M,VOG-17A or VOG-30 .. and it does not seem to me to be from VOG-25 , VOG-25R etc . either
What do you think about it ?
Drawings : OG-7V manual data - 1.jpg- > fuse GO-2 or not ? (GO-2 the lower part of the outline-detonator )
Akon

Refer to this thread.

http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/threads/106141-Grenade-in-the-chest

PS It's a 'fuze' not a 'fuse' by the way.