What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Internal part ID

Burney Davis

Premium Member
I know this sounds rather poor, but I removed this from something years ago, mislaid it and it has just surfaced! Diameter is 21/25mm and length 22mm. No markings on it. Any ideas what it's from? TIA.

20200418_133506_resized.jpg20200418_133529_resized.jpg

In photo 2 the part to the right has no external screw threads yet the main part is internally threaded. Is the thing not complete? It puts me in mind of some kind of a propulsion cartridge, perhaps for Practice ammunition. The overall sizes you quote seem a bit large for a detonator pellet. Hopefully someone else here will know better.

Thanks for your response. It looks like the piece on the right contained a charge and this piece slides into the piece on the left. There is a screw-in closing plug that is missing. Having looked again at this under a strong magnifying glass after a bit of cleaning there is a tiny 'B' on the top of the left hand part and a very feint 'No 29 I' on bottom of the right hand part. Not sure if that helps any.