What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANZAC Day

Bonnex

Premium/Ordnance Approved
Ordnance approved
Premium Member
I believe all of the ceremonies to mark ANZAC Day in the UK have been cancelled due to the present virus 'lockdown' instructions. A local church at Harefield is the location of a 112 Australian graves. I normally lay a tribute on the grave of Bill Leitch, Australian Ordnance Corps but this year I will put it in an appropriate place in my garden.

The only sanctioned option to celebrate ANZAC day in NZ was to display poppies at your gate and stand in your driveway at 6am and hopefully someone would play Last Post. Not even a flag at the national war memorial.

There were very small services of only a few people doing the flag and last post/reveille at the Australian War Memorial in Canberra and the Shrine of Remembrance in Melbourne. We stood in our driveways at 6am with a candle and the local radio station played a short service.