What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Last Full Measure (2019)

sksvlad

A story of a political fight to award Medal Of Honor (US highest military decoration) to Airman William Pitsenbarger who lost his life during Viet Nam War https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0783640/. You are going to see some old familiar faces, actors you forgot existed. Some great acting and the fact that it really did happen make a good movie. At the end there is a photo of the actual William Pitsenbarger as E3, the same rank my daughter will have in USAF boot camp in a month.
Question. William Pitsenbarger (actor) is shown wearing what looks like a flak jacket during the battle. I thought it was worn by ground troops (like artillery) as a shrapnel protection, not as a bullet proof vest. I have one and I know how uncomfortable and heavy it is. It definitely would hamper helicopter air crew actions inside Huey. Is wearing flak by helicopter flight crews a true fact?

Last edited: