What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bomb fuze

Dwight

Hello,

This is my first post here and I was hoping to get some information regarding a bomb fuse. The fuse belonged to my father in law but after he passed away a short while ago, the fuse was given to me. I don’t know very much about fuzes and first of all I just want to be sure that this is not a dangerous item. If possible I would also be very grateful if someone could tell me how old the fuze is and in what types of bombs it was used in. Many thanks in advance!
4.jpg3.jpg2.jpg1.jpg

Many thanks for the information! From what I can see from the diagram it looks like the "burster charge" has been removed from the fuze. The "base plug" is gone and the space underneath is empty. Does this mean that the fuze is not dangerous? Was this fuze used in WWII? Again many thanks!

Does anyone have a picture showing this type of fuze in "use" on a bomb? And is this type of fuze rare to find? I have tried to find pictures of this fuze on the internet but I have found very few. Many thanks in advance!

They are not extremely rare to find , but the inner work (the delay capsule with the brickford pyrotechnic fuze ) is Always missing.

Sorry, no pictures, only drawings

Yoda

Attachments

• Flash 4.5 - in.Mk I.jpg
    Flash 4.5 - in.Mk I.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 32
  • Flare 5.5 - in. Mk I.jpg
    Flare 5.5 - in. Mk I.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 28