What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10pdr mountain gun

tigbrand

Premium Member
Im looking for info on the different Mks of shrapnel for the above please. Ive just bought what I thought was a 15pdr shrapnel, but at aprox 70mm its obviuosly a 10 pdr. After much searching on here and the 1902 treatise in the downloads im not sure which Mk it is as the drive band is larger than the one in Grapeshots post.
http://www.bocn.co.uk/gallery/showimage.php?i=5654&catid=member&imageuser=1746 Anyone have any more info please? Pic to follow. cheers Tig.

Excellent information, my shell is a mk 1 and grapeshots is a MK2. Thanks for replying. Tig

Tig,

Definitely 10 pr and not 2.75"?

TimG

Last edited:
Thanks for the extra info Minen. Heres a picture, other Than F S on the base I cant see anything else due to previous corrosion,also no date on the projectile, the fuze appears to be dated 01, not sure which it is with the double ring? Maybe a no 60?