What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

25mm / 1 inch projectile for ID

charley777

20200512_120233.jpg20200512_120130.jpg

Hello
This is probably an old projectile
25mm wide and 63mm long
Wall gun? Gatling gun?
All help welcome ...thanks

Really yes! The round was developed from the 1-inch machine gun round with the same size brass case, but different designs. There are two projectiles for the machine gun, a blunt pointed iron/steel bullet partially encased with a brass envelope and a later,sharply pointed steel bullet also partially encased with a brass envelope. There are also two projectiles for the aiming rifle, the bullet you have (made from lead and antimony) and a similar bullet without cannelures, but a copper cap fixed to the base (the bullet made from the same material as yours. There should be pictures of all these on the BOCN site, but I'll post a full set if you can't find them. Depotman

Thanks Depotman
Yes i have an aiming rifle projectile with the copper base envelope as you mention.
And also a Nordenfelt projectile... the pointed type.
Have only an electric primed aiming rifle case ... no Nordenfelt case sadly :)
So now i know .... cheers