What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lockdown cutaways

Millsman

Premium Member
Just before the world ground to a halt I bought a batch of relic Mills grenades that originally came from around the Ypres area. They varied from barely pitted to poor so I thought I'd do some sections. All were empty bodies but the seller included a number of base plugs, springs, strikers and centrepieces and a few levers so it was a bit like a big kit.

For detonators I've used 6mm copper microbore pipe (with one exception here - a training det) and original anvils. In a couple of cases I've modified No 5 centrepieces to No 36 standard by making the underside of the anvil cavity flat.

They are not masterpieces but hopefully will be nice display pieces for the non too fussy militaria enthusiast.

DSCN4780.jpgDSCN4781.jpg

Stopped me going too stir crazy for a few days!

John

I had a bit of box section laying around so i made a stand for my store carrier been going to do one for years seems like only good thing to come out of lockdown.
Hope eveyone staying safe

Attachments

• 100_4765.jpg
    100_4765.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 93
Well guys, it seems that we can have another round of lockdown cutaway models .......surprise me :)