What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

case for German WW1 10 cm Kustenkanone L/50

arjen

In the book from Wolfgang Fleischer Deutsche Artillerie 1914-1918 is a description of the 10 cm Küstenkanone L/50.
10 cm Küstenkanone L-50 i.M.P.L. 001.jpg

Does anyone know the measurements of the cases that can be seen on the left side of the gun?
I don't think that they're 105x655 mm as they don't have a bottleneck as the cases in the picture.
Because it was a coastel gun the cases should have a navy caliber and navy style headstamp.

The 10 cm Küstenkanone were used as 10 cm Kanone L/50 in Raderlafette (Sperrgeschutz) from summer of 1915.

10 cm Kanone.jpg

They were used in Fuss-Artillerie Batterie 614 in Gallipoli.

10,5 cm Küstenkanone i.R.L. 005.JPG

Could the 105 x 830 x 144 mm case in this http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/threads/101093-WW1-German-10cm-Flak-case thread be an option?
I know the case in that thread has an army style stamp but it is known that when the army used pieces of naval origin, they made cases with an army stamp for it (I have such cases for the 150x575 mm, 170x1050 mm and the 240 x 1032 mm calibers). This case also has a bottleneck as in the first picture.
The barrel lenght of L/50 makes me think they used a bigger case for it than for the barrel lenghts of L/35, L/40 & L/45 guns.

Any info or comments are welcome :tinysmile_grin_t:

Thank you and kind regards

Arjen