Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Hi @Slick,
    the original cartons contain 10 rounds, as in the above fotos. 235,- $ is an awful lots of money for some outdated rounds. Most of these get destroyed by burning here in Germany. The companies that have a certified oven make a lots, lots of money with burning pyro. About 30 years ago I saw outdated flares being sold in the US. I told the seller that in germany all this good stuff is burned. He offerd to pick up the stuff for free, anywhere in Germany. His company had all the requisite licences. When I returned to Germany I contacted Nico,the owner of one of the ovens in Germany at that time. I was told that not one piece would go out, that the oven had to run full time, because it made so much money. This outdated pyro does not cost any money,you can charge for taking it, but the transport to the US will not be little. By the way, these rounds were produced in a beautiful valley in the Harz mountains of the eastern part of Germany in a village called Uftrungen. After german reunification the company Buck bought this factory and called themselfes "Deutsche Pyrotechnische Fabriken"=DPF , a name that was used already in WW2. Buck went bankrupt some years later and the factory was closed.
    Regards,
    Bellifortis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    $235.00 per box of 30. + shipping. Which probably includes A HAZMAT fee.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellifortis For This Useful Post:

pysall (20th May 2020)

Premium Member
    Images
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 539 Posts
    Per Nabob's warning, the rims on the PS-Nh and the PS-T-Cv are designed to pretty much prevent being chambered in your average flare pistol. I never tried to chamber one but suspect it will not allow closure of the action.

flare a4.jpg flare a3.jpg
    I do have a previously mentioned BRNO RV85 "riot" gun, but it's NIB and I don't want to waste a round and dirty it all up. And flares are VERY dirty, and corrosive. I use an old/cheap/previously abused Polish pistol for shooting the regular flares and then dose it down with REMOIL when finished. Rust starts forming almost immediately.

As to Bellifortis' comments, I agree, very expensive. Long ago and far far away, one could get a box of 10 Czech flares for $20-30. Parachute flares were
    $45/10 !!!!!! Made for expensive fireworks but I did acquire them as they were available.
    Got a few of those left, but used only on special occasions, or to light a bonfire.

flare a1.jpg

Sadly, it appears the Czech flares are no longer imported. Everyone that has them listed have shown "SOLD OUT" for years now. The German ones were the latest import but they, too, are drying up. And @$8/pop, not worth it. Regular fireworks are much less expensive.

And lastly, as for collecting, they are not long lived. Have a few that are doing this:

flare a2.jpg That right there sucks.
    Last edited by Slick; 20th May 2020 at 09:47 PM.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Thanks
    Hi Slick,
    if the rounds have been stored in their original packing and kept dry, they will last 25 or more years. But, stored wrong, especially the Yellow ones, than that happens what can be seen in your last foto. The factory only garanties full function 3-5 years in good storage from the date of manufacture. Here in Germany those rounds are very seldom offered, because you can purchase those only with an "Ammunition Collectors Licence", so the market is very small. The other thing is, that I don't know if the military still use these Pyro-signals. Already years ago, 1000s of the most modern "Heckler & Koch Signal Pistol" were sold off for 25 $ as complete sets with holster, cleaning rod a.s.o. So that looks as if the military doesn't need pyrosignals any more.
    Last edited by Bellifortis; 20th May 2020 at 11:19 PM.

Thanks
    I'm jealous of the PS rounds, Wish I could find some here.

Ordnance Approved
    Thanks
    The first INMEP conference in Czech Republik we had a go with.
    By the way Jeff misted the target.

Regards,

Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images
    All Items of Live Ordnance posted by me have been disposed of by EOD.

Ordnance Approved
    Thanks
    Only about 3000 RV-85 were manufactured, so it is Forgotten Weapons materiel.
    The old surplus flares are no longer sold by the army so this source has dryed up. They now become collectibles.
    Bob
    any live or recovered ordnance shown in my posts was dealt with by trained EOD personnel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12