What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US WW2 81mm Mortar Marking

Asdapuff

Hi All,

I am repainting a US WW2 81mm mortar and wondered what marking were painted on it? I have seen some with a white strip on the tube, others with two horizontal lines, i guess for clamping the collar between. Any info gratefully received and if you have any photos, even better. thank you in advance.

TM 9-1900 is not difficult to find.

Attachments

• US 81mm mortar markings 1945.jpg
    US 81mm mortar markings 1945.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 56
Are you repainting the mortar tube, baseplate, etc, or just the shell? Pictures in this case would be very helpful, too.

Thank you...I should have been more specific...I was trying to find out markings on the mortar tube...I have seen some just plain green and others with white strip or a narrow "T". If any one knows I would be grateful.

Thank you...I should have been more specific...I was trying to find out markings on the mortar tube...I have seen some just plain green and others with white strip or a narrow "T". If any one knows I would be grateful.

My m1 is only painted green. No other colors.

Thank you. Really appreciate your response. I did manage to find some photos on the net that shows a long white line down the length of the barrell...it intrigued me.