What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

POM-2 Variants

jvollenberg

Ordnance approved
I am having a hard time verifying something on Wikipedia (yeah I know).

The POM-2-SIP-2R and POM-2-SIP-2P are POM-2 variants found on the German Wikipedia page.

Does anyone have something on these versions that isn't Wikipedia? I would like to verify their existence, and if possible find some good data on them.

See: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/POM-2

Joe

Hi Joe,
i don't know if you understand German. It just says in the article that these 2 versions, which have to be manually laid, come without the normal pullwires. A seismic detector is instead connected to a group of mines. These detectors are sensitive to human footstep noise. If I remember right, somebody here already posted a russian description of this fuzing-system some time ago. It has a sensitively fuzed destruct charge attached.
Regards,
Bellifortis.

This attachment someone posted here some time ago.

Attachments

• VP-13 AP-Seismic Control System.jpg
    VP-13 AP-Seismic Control System.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
I understood the German. I am looking for something outside of Wikipedia that says these are real. Wikipedia isn't a good source of information. It usually points me in the right direction when I am looking for something, but these don't have any citations that tell me where the person who posted the information found it. I was hoping maybe someone here might have a book or manual that states these variants, which would tell me they actually exist.

Joe