What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

68 mm PG-75

Fusse2004

Premium Member
Hello everyone out there!
Who knows these parts and has information for me? Search for drawings and pictures! I'm happy about everything in that direction. Thank you harry stay healthy

Attachments

• 68 mm PG-75(1).jpg
    68 mm PG-75(1).jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 48
[FONT=&amp]Hi, these are projectiles for the RPG-75 a single use anti tank weapon developed in Czechoslowakia.
It can be seen that it was inspired by LAW or RPG-18.
The weapon has no rocket motor and the projectile pictured above is the only thing that leaves the muzzle. It is basically a single use recoilless rifle. In he Czech Republic the tube is however not considered a weapon or launcher after use (with one exception). After one spent was found at the fence of Prague International Airport, the spent tubes had to be returned to the store and serial numbers noted. From todays standpoint it is considered the same as spent cartridge case. There are many around in the Czech Republic. (Please do not ask me to send you one :)) https://www.armypoint.cz/maketa-rake...pg-75/d-92699/

There were four basic variants: 1 HEAT, Target practice, Training and completely inert for exercise purposes.
Target practice projectiles are pictured above they are called PrNh. The launching tube has 1 black stripe and the system is designated RPG Nh-75
Training variant us the one exception mentioned above. It is called RPG Cv-75. it is basically the launcher tube with a 7,62 mm barrel and trigger assembly. It fires a special round 7,62 Zm75. (link https://naboje.org/node/5499) The tube is marked with two black stripes.
Completely inert training aid RPG Šk-75 is all black.

There are some modern variants here: https://zeveta.cz/zeveta-ammunition-...unice/?lang=en

I was told in the EOD school that the cylindrical projectile was changed for the tapered one due to the lack of stability. I have a hand written document that says that the cylindrical bodies were discontinued by 1980. So the lot number 01/03 is strange. The explanation could be that the older HEAT weapons were remade to TP rounds. But I would have to find proof for this.

As a weapon the RPG-75 does not have a great reputation (at least the older versions). I have fired a few TP's and did hit the target :)
As with live rounds I have witnessed that 2 out of 3 bounced of the T-72 and exploded on SD in the air. The one that worked did penetrate the turret of the T-72 about 20-30 cm from the barrel (basically the thickest part), penetrated the armour and set the inside on fire. I would not believe it, if I would not have seen it with my own eyes.[/FONT]

Bob

Attachments

• RPG-75 (šablonování).jpg
    RPG-75 (šablonování).jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited: