What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Polish CGN 'rifle grenade'

batonroundcollector

Premium Member
granat1.jpg

I've seen this described as a 'rifle grenade', but upon using Google Translate on some Polish sites, do I understand correctly that this was in fact launched by a rifle (the kbkg wz. 1960, an AK variant intended only for launching grenades), but was used only in conjunction with artillery gun sights for training artillery gunners, as in pic below?

93615-1.jpg

I have only seen practice versions of this design (if this was intended purpose there would only be practice ones), in both black paint and bare metal finish and not sure if this signifies any difference?

would be interested in any further info on other Polish rifle grens for AK too :)

That was my understanding of it. Part of an artillery training device. Nice to see a photo of it in use, thanks.

I wouldn't say never, but they were not designed for use as a rifle grenade, they were for the artillery trainer.