What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Columbus

flak18

Is it me or am I missing something here ? Why are statues of Columbus being defaced and beheaded ? Did he ever set foot on US soil ? I read that he did not.

Surely the genocide of the American Indians was carried out by such lovely people as Grant, Sherman, Sherridan and Custer to name a few.....and there are a lot more.

Not trying to offend anyone here, but what is going on ? I fail to understand.

you're not alone in being confused, Baden Powell of Boy Scout fame is in trouble as well cos he was racist apparentley. I am going to write to the council of the local old Roman town and demand they remove all references to the Romans as they took English slaves. I think Columbus gets it because with the then Pope (Nicholas V)'s blessing he took it to carry out the Popes autherisation to econquer and consign to Perpetual servitude African pagans. Look out Catholic churches. I personally think the ''anti racists'' need to read up on history of who captured and had the slaves before they were sold to Europeans. I'm looking into Sir Robert Clive's role in India in case I need to change my name. As usual the anti racists are stirring up more racial hatred by their actions.

Well, you are totally right in what you say. I think it is a sad indictment on the human race as a whole. What sort of a world are we living in ? Do some people really think that might is right...REALLY ?? I despair. I hope you find no need to change your name...who nows what old Clive was up to. As for BP.... amazing. Take care

You do not understand what is happening over here? I do not understand what is happening over here.

I know Steve. Any right thinking, decent human being would stop and actually use their brains before acting as they do.
All we can do is to gather ammunition ans await the revolution !!!!

I read somewhere than French Revolution was a copy of the American one, that French were emboldened by the success of colonial "British" citizens toppling British Crown's power in America. Then came Robespierre....So be careful copying other people's actions.

I believe a Seattle newspaper posted graphics and a list of the LTL riot control munition remains that people might run across in the street. I'll post it if I can find it.

Yeah, but I still have to figure out how many GRAINS a bullet weighs. And I am not talking about rice.

It may be fair to say that anyone born before 1930 was probably brought up as a racist of some sort. Colonial backgrounds, Victorian parents etc.

My mother certainly was a used the 'n' and 'w' words quite freely.

As a child I can remember reading postcard adverts in local shops for rooms to let. 'No dogs, no blacks, no Irish'. That was the late 1950's.

It was that everyday racism that made me non racist. After seeing that around me as child I determined to always judge people by how they behaved and not by who they were.

If we confront real racism is a sensible way, the world can change.

Extremism normally doesn't work.

From all appearances, the current statue removal crowd is quite diverse. I would venture, percentage wise, reflective of the (US) population overall. Their selection process has little to do with race sins and more to do with anarchy. See - Frederick Douglas, 54th Regiment Memorial as the most recent examples. Ill-educated folks, and easy to persuade. And lots of free time as most appear unemployable.
The gist of the newspaper "guide" post had nothing to do with race. Your proclamation of non-racism will assure that the alligators will eat you last.

Last edited: