What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWII British Navy pocket knife

sksvlad

I hope I have a correct ID. It says "Harrison Bros.& Howson" on the blade and "E.Perryman" on the handle. It also has "9" or "6" on the awl. Any idea who E.Perryman was? Would that be an officer? It was a $1 garage sale intuitive pick-up even though I saw these at gun shows. I do not normally collect non bayonet blade items so lack knowledge.
DSCF3507.jpgDSCF3508.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF3507.jpg
    DSCF3507.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCF3508.jpg
    DSCF3508.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I have one of these knives that was given to me by one of my neighbours about 35 years ago. My neighbour was in his 80s by then, and had been in the RN since the 1920s, having started as a boy sailor at HMS Ganges, and retiring in the 1960s as a CPO. During WW2 he had been a Rangetaker on a cruiser.

The knife has black plastic grips, and in addition to the marlinspike and knife blade has a second "blade" which is a tin and bottle opener, and is stamped HM SLATER (presumably the maker) with the "Broad Arrow" and the date 1951.

Sksvlad,

Herewith pictures of knife

Attachments

• 56  21.6.20  Jack knife 1.jpg
    56 21.6.20 Jack knife 1.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 57  21.6.20  Jack knife 2.JPG
    57 21.6.20 Jack knife 2.JPG
    285.9 KB · Views: 9