Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
    Premium Member
    Images
    Thanks

displaying mines on artificial grass mats

just thought it was a cool idea... have a pretty decent collection now but really need to get it out of boxes and display it properly. these are sample mats I got - thought to eventually get new display cases and lay out mines (and maybe grens etc) on mats like these (would need bigger ones though).

thought this would show them in their 'natural environment' (yes I know most mines would be buried - the PFM-1 at least would lie atop the ground though being a scattered mine).
    Last edited by batonroundcollector; 25th June 2020 at 05:19 PM.
    always looking for inert baton rounds and accessories - please message me if you have any for sale/trade.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to batonroundcollector For This Useful Post:

adammack (26th June 2020), Andysarmoury (4th July 2020), apfsds (4th July 2020), Big Dave (25th June 2020), doppz92 (25th June 2020), MINENAZ16 (25th June 2020), Pepant (26th June 2020), wichitaslumlord (26th June 2020), Yodamaster (26th June 2020)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    You can sometimes find ‘end of roll’ offcuts in garden centres and maybe in DIY stores that sell lengths cut off the roll.
    Wanted: Baton/Irritant rounds (inert) and associated items, .700 NE (inert) and boxes (empty), .32-40 cartridge boxes (empty), WW2 British shotgun cartridge boxes (empty), Greener Police Gun cartridge boxes (empty). Message me if you have any of these items for sale/trade.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to reccetrooper For This Useful Post:

batonroundcollector (25th June 2020)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Good idea, could be used for background for selling stuff on forums or ebay. have to find a square.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BMG50 For This Useful Post:

batonroundcollector (26th June 2020)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 710 Posts
    The closer the background color is to the item you want to photograph, the more detail you will see on the item too!
    ___HAZ/
    _____/ORD Hazardous Ordnance Recognition
    ________Saving Lives Through Education

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HAZORD For This Useful Post:

batonroundcollector (26th June 2020), reccetrooper (26th June 2020), switch (26th June 2020)

Premium Member
    Images
    Thanks
    btw I have a box of 7 sample mats if anyone wants them - PM me
    always looking for inert baton rounds and accessories - please message me if you have any for sale/trade.

Thanks
    That is a great idea! Looks awesome.

Like others have said, stores like, HOME DEPOT, carry this in many different colors and often sell small rolls. Still, it is not expensive at all. For under $20, you can get giant piece! It is useably sold by the liner foot too, so if the roll is 12 feet long, and you buy one foot, you get a 1' x12' roll. The Home Depot, down the road has about 8 different choices.

Jason

11. The Following User Says Thank You to apfsds For This Useful Post:

HAZORD (4th July 2020)