What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

displaying mines on artificial grass mats

batonroundcollector

Premium Member
just thought it was a cool idea... have a pretty decent collection now but really need to get it out of boxes and display it properly. these are sample mats I got - thought to eventually get new display cases and lay out mines (and maybe grens etc) on mats like these (would need bigger ones though).

ca787b6d-2f84-4040-83b3-ee7c315f437b.jpeg

c5305c94-0086-4c21-8aeb-3b8fcb48da0f.jpeg

thought this would show them in their 'natural environment' (yes I know most mines would be buried - the PFM-1 at least would lie atop the ground though being a scattered mine).

Last edited:
You can sometimes find ‘end of roll’ offcuts in garden centres and maybe in DIY stores that sell lengths cut off the roll.

Good idea, could be used for background for selling stuff on forums or ebay. have to find a square.

The closer the background color is to the item you want to photograph, the more detail you will see on the item too!

That is a great idea! Looks awesome.

Like others have said, stores like, HOME DEPOT, carry this in many different colors and often sell small rolls. Still, it is not expensive at all. For under $20, you can get giant piece! It is useably sold by the liner foot too, so if the roll is 12 feet long, and you buy one foot, you get a 1' x12' roll. The Home Depot, down the road has about 8 different choices.

Jason