What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Firing Device Demolition Kit

ron3350

This brown steel tin is full and contains the firing device and four igniters. Tin may be common but scarcer when still full with contents.
The side is marked: F. DEV. KIT. DML GRIP 8 CY 10/76. The bottom stamps are also shown.
I assume the yellow tape is correct as the rubber under the lid is a bit springy so would keep it shut.
I have not seen these white adaptors before, only gray ones 15.5mm diameter with a red lacquered primer.

FD Kit a.jpegFD Kit b.jpegFD Kit c.jpegFD Kit d.jpeg

If I'm not wrong, it's a firing kit for "nonel" tube. The brown part in the middle is the initiator, the four white plastic parts are the adaptors with detonators. Yellow marking is for presence of HE (the detonators).

Yoda

Firing device L1A1 (plastic brown device) + Initiator Flash L3 (I assume L3A2) (white device)

I've used these on demolitions. You insert safety fuse into the hole and the rubber inside gives sufficient grip that the safety fuse does not fall out. Once initiated you simply unscrew the grip switch and keep it with you for use on the next blow. Personally I preferred to use matches fuzee but I assume the grip switch is an all-weather item. For Yodamaster - I am not aware that these are used with Nonel shock tube.