What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAF poster No. 36M Mk I Grenade

Antoon

Ordnance approved
Found this large RAF poster of the No. 36M Mk I grenade. Did not know that this grenade was still in use in the UK in 1972.
No. 36 M Mk I Poster.jpg IMG_4511.jpg

Last edited:
The markings are a little out of date though, unless that's just the RAF Regt... The green band and ring of red crosses were deleted in 1952 in favour of a single red band (for all climates) around the top row of segments. And then in 1969 the red ring was replaced by a golden yellow ring, around the second row of segments.

The markings are a little out of date though, unless that's just the RAF Regt... The green band and ring of red crosses were deleted in 1952 in favour of a single red band (for all climates) around the top row of segments. And then in 1969 the red ring was replaced by a golden yellow ring, around the second row of segments.

I've never seen an example of those. I suppose post war production was low level as WW2 stocks were still around.