What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Granade Identification Please

Jay321

Hi,

I found this granade shell among some items of my father, who served in the Korean conflict, and my grandfather, who served in WWI. Both served in the US armed forces. Photos are attached. Note that there is also a numeral "4" (not shown in the photos) near the top and opposite RFX. The top hole is threaded, and the bottom hole is not threaded.IMG-1916.jpgIMG-1917.jpgIMG-1918.jpg

Would appreciate your help in identifying this, including whether it is "real" or replica, and whether it was once "live" or for training.

Thanks,
Jay

American grenades are not my subject but I'd say it was a WW2 to Vietnam era practice grenade. A Mk II body I believe.

That appears to be a real M21 body. Its the one that the cheap copies were modeled after, but yours appears to be real. Post WWII model, they were used for practice.