What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown British WW1 Manufacturer

Depotman

Premium Member
I have a No.80 brass fuze cap with a maker's mark "I. A. & F. Co". Can anyone identify this please? Depotman

International Arms and Fuze Co., USA. If you search on the full name several threads come up with mention of fuzes made by the company.

the company also published two nice books about fuze production which are available online:

-Inspector's Manual for Fuze Assembly, International Arms and Fuze Co, 1918
-Manual for Inspectors, International Arms and Fuze Co, 1916

Last edited:
Hi,

Bouncing on Alpini's post
He does not provide a link to find those books, so I'm thinking it's because you can do it with a simple search...

Nothing to be found, except on Google books. A reference to the book and some extracts, and "No e-book available"...

Image1.jpg

After trying most of online libraries I know I found nothing.

So I tried to simulate my location in the US using a Chrome extension called "Urban VPN"

Image3.jpg

And went back to Google books :

Image2.jpg

to find out that a "free e-book" was available and I could download it.

My question : Does the french library gallica.bnf.fr has the same restrictions for non european people ?

Cheers,

S.

International Arms and Fuze Co., USA. If you search on the full name several threads come up with mention of fuzes made by the company.

Many thanks - I hadn't seen this company listed on Fuze Manufacturers in WW1. Depotman

My question : Does the french library gallica.bnf.fr has the same restrictions for non european people ?

That wouldn't make much sense because the European copyright laws are much more restrictive Than the US laws. If it can be downloaded in gallica it already passed the harder European law and is then legal in the US too.

I got one of them as a paper copy from a nice forum member and later found both online. I do not remember but think I downloaded them also via a US proxy server from Google books.