Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    UPDATE:
    UPDATE: I believe it is for the De Bange cannon. Looking at the drawings on this website, I have measurements that match up perfectly, 7.859 diameter on my shell, 10.1 mm from base to band, 12.11 mm wide band, all match up to the blueprint of the projectile here: http://www.fortiffsere.fr/artillerie/index_fichiers/Page833.htm
    I am curious to look into the different adaptor though. Mine would certaintly fit a french beehive fuze, but that doesnt appear to be what the older projectiles would have taken. Possibly mine was a later life variant that used the newer style of fuzes?

Last edited by frijoles108; 22nd July 2020 at 08:34 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to frijoles108 For This Useful Post:

charley777 (22nd July 2020)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 Times in 575 Posts
    You may compare the grooves in the driving band. The De Bange has 24 right hand grooves.

Thread diameter and pitch and the fuze diameter will help too. Just the thread diameter is difficult to meassure it's more guessing.

Not only France used these guns. At least Serbia had them too but with different shells.

Thanks
    Ok i will go check the grooves then, id love to find out the specific nationality of this projectile. The maker mark is one of the few unique ones I've seen on various projectiles. Unfortunately don't think I have the tools necessary to measure the thread pitch. I can measure the diameter of the surface the fuze would sit on if that would help.
    Last edited by frijoles108; 22nd July 2020 at 10:25 PM.

Thanks
    Ok so I finally got around to counting the grooves and got 24 right hand grooves.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12