What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

identification please

earni74

Premium Member
20200715_113413.jpg20200715_113042.jpg20200715_113035.jpg20200715_113024.jpgcan anyone help with this item for identification, it is made of brass, inside at the top where the small round hole is (pic 2 ) is something that if it is blown it whirls around, then there is a small arrow on the side ( I am Baffled ) Thanks

Mick,
It is a part of a Rocket, Message Carrying Mk I
I will dig out a drawing.

Dave, its not possible for me to blow hard due to my smoking, the owner of it thought it was something to do with a message shell, i could not at the time prove otherwise so i took photos for this thread, he is delighted that it is part of a rocket as he does actually collects rockets, now he needs to find the rest of it
Thanks to all who commented and provided photo's
Mick

Sorry, I am having trouble sending images (I scanned the front cover). The manual is:

Handbook of Fireworks and Signalling Stores in use by Land, Naval, and Air Services dated 1920 [Reference A2336]

A facsimile is produced by the Naval and Military Press in the UK.