What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yugoslavian M35

batonroundcollector

Premium Member
just got this absolute beauty today :)

7c3bac4b-90dd-4f9b-8291-711f3b2c3423.jpeg

35312192-fc4b-4b56-8fa6-a41de13cfd01.jpeg

b0e4e762-1417-4d6c-8be9-edfc9782af4a.jpeg

looks like Aug 1940 is date of manufacture, but can anyone translate text (guess Serbo-Croatian) on cap? tried to scan on Google Translate app but no joy...

also, did the 'spike' on the cap have a role in activating the grenade? I'm guess you poked that in the hole exposed when cap removed to initiate the delay?? or maybe you just struck the head on something hard as with other percussion fuzed grenades??

I understand these were used by Yugoslav partisans and also by German forces in WW2.

Hi,
the text says Vojnotechn. Zavod Kragujevac which was the state ammunition factory in the town of Kragujevac. The spike is a ratchet mechanism that prevents the cover from turning.
There was a primer on top of the cental hole that, after unscrewing the protective cap, was to be hit onto a hard surface thus initiating the delay.
Such system was used also later after the war. (Primer is No 2 on the attached diagram of M52 grenade).

I am sure alsaad can give you more details.

Bob

Attachments

• 2112_7.jpg
    2112_7.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited: