Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Yes, that also puzzled me. The Dutch made drawings are always rather accurate, so what does “o. Az” mean?

Ordnance Approved
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,283 Times in 998 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greif View Post
    Yes, that also puzzled me. The Dutch made drawings are always rather accurate, so what does “o. Az” mean?
    Maybe they copied diagrams of common T&P Kz11 Gr.
    o.Az is for ohne aufschalgzundung (= without impact device)
    Any Live or Dug ordnance shown by me has been disposed of by EOD personnel .

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MINENAZ16 View Post
    o.Az is for ohne aufschalgzundung (= without impact device)
    Yes, I reckoned that, but was puzzled by the présence of a percussion pellet. In a 1921 Dutch handbook I found a description of the fuze. It mentions that the percussion pellet was present, but that is was disabled from moving by a little screw. So I examened a fuze body that I had laying around and found the little screwhole in the side of the threaded part. I wonder if Burney Davis’s fuze has the screw in the same place. The Dutch drawing is incorrect for that matter, it shows the screw, but it’s position should be higher to secure the percussion pellet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greif For This Useful Post:

MINENAZ16 (6th August 2020), nachtwuenscher (5th August 2020)

Ordnance Approved
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,283 Times in 998 Posts
    Yes, I reckoned that, but was puzzled by the présence of a percussion pellet. In a 1921 Dutch handbook I found a description of the fuze. It mentions that the percussion pellet was present, but that is was disabled from moving by a little screw. So I examened a fuze body that I had laying around and found the little screwhole in the side of the threaded part. I wonder if Burney Davis’s fuze has the screw in the same place. The Dutch drawing is incorrect for that matter, it shows the screw, but it’s position should be higher to secure the percussion pellet.
    Excellent information greif, that makes sens
    Any Live or Dug ordnance shown by me has been disposed of by EOD personnel .

Thanks
    Yes, screw in the same place.

20200807_115722.jpg
    Always looking for projectiles, cases, fuzes and paperwork related to Burney and Davis guns.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Burney Davis For This Useful Post:

greif (7th August 2020), MINENAZ16 (7th August 2020)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123