What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German 27mm Sectioned Flare & Rocket Display.

ron3350

I got this sectioned display 8 years ago and two cases are dated 1957 so makes it post WW2.
Wood replaces the compounds with painted lines with original wads etc.
No cases have headstamps visible but due to sunlight exposure the original labels have faded the red print. Still readable with magnification.

Photo a is the overall view of the glass covered display.

Photo b is Fallschirmleuchtpatrone. A parachute flare.
Also Pfeifpatrone. I believe it is a whistle signal? Both have white wads and no headstamps.

Photo c is Signal Patrone. Red wad.
Zweistern Rot (Oder Grun) Einzetstern Rot (Oder Grun). Red wad with 3 (or6) petals showing .

Photo d is Rauchpatrone Rot (Oder Schwarz). Milled rim with red wad. 1957 dated.
Also Leuchtpatrone. Milled rim with yellow wad. 1957 dated.

Photos e, f and g are Notsignal- fallschirmrakete. I would like to know if this rocket is also 1950's and how it was used. Includes part of the wooden stick.
Any comments are welcome as I am not sure all markings are correct identification of the loads?

Flares a.jpgFlares b.jpgFlares c.jpgFlares d.jpgFlares e.jpgFlares f.jpgFlares g.jpg

Last edited:
Hi @ron3350,
in your last foto part of the label of the "Parachute Distress Signalrocket" can be seen. The lower half is written in russian. So I assume this to be a very early East-German(GDR) factory product display. A West-German(BRD) product would have English, Spanish or French as second language.
Regards,
Bellifortis.

Here is a picture from the East German Army (NVA) service regulations "DV-61/2 Leucht-, Signalmunition und Imitationsmittel" from 1959.

Attachments

• Zuschneiden_63.jpg
    Zuschneiden_63.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 25
Hi @ron3350,
at the moment the writing on your displayboard is still discernible. But, a little bit more UV-light and it will fade completely. I would (carefully) redo the writing with a similar red ink.
Bellifortis.

I thank you all for the East German identification. That rocket looks great.
I also considered to redo the writing but feel a bit timid in case I stuff it up.