What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

El Silencio de Otros (2018)

sksvlad

A very poignant documentary about Spanish Civil War and the following years https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8099236/, it is a critical compilation for everyone interested in Spain. This movie literally opened my eyes on the fact that last year in Spain people refused to talk about SCW. A 1977 law practically forbids questioning and investigating ANYONE involved in SCW, on either side. Basically Spaniards were told to forget it even happened. That explains lack of SCW memorials and people unwillingness to discuss it. Spanish schools have minimal SCW coverage, so young Spaniards know nothing about it. Would be interesting if a similar law were enacted in Germany in 1945. I have no family connections to Spain but have deep and painful connections to Russian Civil War and subsequent Soviet terror. So it was easy for me to understand emotions on the screen.

Last edited:
You know the hypocritical part of the story translated to todays standard.... the same Spanish government that forbids questioning and investigating the numerous severe war crimes committed in the Spanish civil war is very actively investigating the war crimes in other countries; tried to get Pinochet extradited to Spain for trial when he went to London for medical threatment, as wel as have a Dutch Transavia pilot (Julio Poch case) tricked into captivity on his last flight before his retirement on Valencia airport to have him extradited to Argentina. (he was found innocent after 8 years pre trail custody)
How hypocritical can you be?

Last edited: