What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown packing piece ???

Richard709

Does anyone have any idea what these were used for, They are Ordnance related, my thoughts are that they are either to make holes or are packing pieces. They have no markings on them and the round is a Nato 7.62mm. All help much appreciated.

Unknown Packing 1.jpgUnknown Packing 2.jpgUnknown Packing 3.jpgUnknown Packing 4.jpgUNknown Packing 5.jpg
Rich

Last edited:
I remember some old types of ground flare or portfire had wooden pieces similar to these and the item could be stuck in soft ground via the pointed end. That is not to say that what you have posted is of this type, it could be something else that I know nothing about. Yours do not look as though they have been part of something else.

They came with some naval bits, Portfire seems good to me will have to do some more research, unless anyone else has any idea's.