What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tail fin from EE Blue Water

About ten years ago I acquired a missile fin. It appears to be unfinished with the milling holders still in place.

I was cleaning it yesterday to work out what it is from when I found several stamps and numbers.

A key one is the inspectors stamp of EEGW which I am told is English Electric Guided Weapons.

A search shows that EEGW made the Thunderbird and the Blue Water.

This fin would appear to be closest in shape to the tail fin from from a Blue Water.

It has a square mounting bracket and is made from two halves that are milled to shape. It is 76 cm/ 30 inches/ 2.5 feet which fits with teh sizes shown in the images. It is also angled so would fit on the tapered tail cone.

Are there any other Blue Water parts around for comparison on the numbers or sizes ?

Thanks

Attached a close up of an image from the net- http://www.stilltimecollection.co.u...lue-water-stream-river-sea-canal-missile.html

Blue Water close up.jpgFin.jpg

Attachments

• numbers.jpg
    numbers.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 16