What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

69 grenade fuze container

BMG50

Premium Member
Years ago i found quite a few complete parts of the fuze container for a 69 grenade thinking that they at the time were some type of electrical light switch, but alas long gone. Still on the look out for one. Has any one got at picture or photo of these holders, forgot what they look like.

These pics are of the one in my collection, unfortunately I didn't take a pic of the markings, and don't have it to hand at the moment. Hope that helps.

Attachments

• SAM_0045.JPG
    SAM_0045.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 54
  • SAM_0046.JPG
    SAM_0046.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 58
Thanks Tony. If i knew back them what things were i would have had quite a lot of rare things. You live and learn.

These pics are of the one in my collection, unfortunately I didn't take a pic of the markings, and don't have it to hand at the moment. Hope that helps.

I can't understand the exact use of this container ?

I have one picture in my computer registred as soe detonators

soe detonator.jpg

Last edited:
Certainly not SOE. I think one or two of these came in a metal box of 69 grenades packed in cardboard tubes, the just held the dets for the grenades. Not sure if these were double ended. When i first saw them i thought they were part of a old fashion light switch cover.

never seen one of these... I did have an original No. 69 det - can't remember where I got it from - traded it to a guy in return for making several repros using it for a pattern (he used to sell repro WW1/WW2 gren parts on ebay - not sure if he's on here)... still have the repros in my No. 69s.

Hi Every,
One this is my half of the det container in question,,, half i emphasize as these can be split in to 2 containers just by a bit of force bending the aluminum rivets apart by bending the container in the middle.
MINENAZ16 is correct SOE did use these as its a convenient det holder for delivery in drop containers and field use,,,,,,, Dave

DSC02610.jpg DSC02611.jpg DSC02612.jpg DSC02613.jpg DSC02616.jpg DSC02618.jpg DSC02619.jpg

I managed to get to my det holder today and thought I would take a couple of pictures of it next to a No.69 grenade to show that it's the same height and diameter as a grenade, so it will fit into the cardboard tubes in the ammunition box.
The raised markings on both the caps read : No. 369 1 JD and very faint markings inside D/58.

Attachments

• DSC00540.jpg
    DSC00540.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC00542.jpg
    DSC00542.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC00545.jpg
    DSC00545.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 26
Thanks guys for your contribution to my request. That the items i found years ago, if only i knew what it was like so many things.