What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US 37mm M52?

94thFS95

Premium Member
Has anyone ever heard of, or happen to have a US 37mm M52 “Bore Test” projectile or cartridge? This one is in an M16 case, though I can’t verify that’s correct since I’ve never heard of this projectile in the first place.
-Steve
69A7BCE0-E7E3-4CD4-BD5B-FC0663FDFFB2.jpg

looks more like a proof round,for proving the gun.ive seen bore erosion test rounds in 50bmg but these are quite different with a steel wire wrapped projectile

Maybe it is a proof round, I don’t know enough about that usage to know the difference. At any rate, I’m wondering if anyone else has one, has documentation of the “M52” projectile, or can verify that it’s actually a thing. I’ve never seen one before this, and it’s not in TM 9-1901.
-Steve

As a proof round, certainly. They show up from time to time, I have a couple in the collection. This is the best picture I have at work.

DSCN6260.jpg

That’s a great one! Mine is repainted and doesn’t have the white lettering. What does yours say?
-Steve

I'll have to dig it out and look, I'm posting from work so have to rely on what pictures I can dig out of my files.

Here are pictures of mine. Neither of the blunt rounds have any stamped markings. The standard ogive type is well marked as shown.

IMG_1754.jpgIMG_1755.jpgIMG_1756.jpgIMG_1757.jpgIMG_1758.jpg

Mine is engraved as a T21.

Attachments

• T21 37mm.jpg
    T21 37mm.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 37mm T21.jpg
    37mm T21.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 12