What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M112 dely time fuse ?

dave321

so i was surfing the internet and came across a battery operated delayed timer fuse ,
but i cannot for the life of me find the picture of it.

i might have got the name and number wrong but the delay time was programmable within a wide time frame, up to days/ weeks.

once operated the twisting of the actuator caused the battery electrolyte to mix and become active .

does anyone know what im reffering to ? and do you have a picture ?

found it,

M147 Time Delay Firing Device

Source: AAI Corporation

159_106-tdfd1.jpg
The Time Delay Firing Device (TDFD) is employed by Special Forces and other units to place charges on high value targets...
Detonation delays - 5 minutes to 30 days

Meets positive safeties of MIL-STD-1316

Product in productionThe Time Delay Firing Device (TDFD) is employed by Special Forces and other units to place charges on high value targets with set times that will allow safe departure for the area and precision coordination of timed missions. The TDFD is a small, lightweight, electronic timing device with a flash explosive output for initiating a user attached M7 blasting cap. It is inherently more safe, reliable, and accurate than the family of six M1 Chemical pencils that it replaces. It is capable of being set in the field for time delays ranging from five minutes to 30 days in one minute increments. Training is provided with the aid of an M45 classroom Training Kit.
M147 TDFD Characteristics
Physical Characteristics

• Weight 7 oz.
  • Size
    • • Length 3.9 in
      • Width 2.1 in
      • Depth 1.2 in
Safety Features

• Five minute arm time
  • Internal safety self-check
  • Positive safety lock
  • Hand safe
Operational Features
  • Visual indication of elapsed time
  • High degree of accuracy
  • Operable in hot and basic climates
  • Timing Reset capability
  • Integrated standard military primer
  • Compatible with M-7 blasting cap
  • Visual indicator of device status
Environmental Operation
  • Waterproof up to 33 feet depth
  • EMI hardened
AAI Corporation, PO Box 126, Hunt Valley, MD 21030. Tel: 410-628-3184; Fax: 410-628-3077.

Last edited: