What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MkII Grenade - Finally finished

MikeS0000

Hi Folks -

Haven't been active of late. Seems there is not a lot to find, or it is just me getting slower.

This is a MkII I posted on quite a while ago, and Bruce E. was very kind in sending me a fuze for it. I finally got around to picking up a spoon to add to it and a 9/16 x 12 tap to clean out the threads.

So, while not all original, I think it displays good enough for me.

What I wondered is if anyone could decipher it for me as to the period it is from. I'm pretty sure WW2, but I look at the photos of reference materials and the brain just goes AER$%^Y$GQ !!:cry:

It is marked with a stylized "S" and "X6".

Thanks for looking and Beat Regards!
- Mike

Attachments

• IMG_0642.JPG
    IMG_0642.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0640.JPG
    IMG_0640.JPG
    160.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0641.JPG
    IMG_0641.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 32
Its a "Grenade, Hand, Practice, Mk. II" used until 1943/44 when the designation was changed to M21, but using the same body. Depending on which fuze mechanism is in it. If its an M10A2 or M10A3 its M21. After the war they developed a new purpose made body with more rounded fragments and made by RFX.