Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
    Ordnance Approved
    Thanks

Serious accident in France yesterday

Never forget that most of the items you collect are initially meant to hurt and kill. Age does not take away their destructive power

https://www.lavoixdunord.fr/864384/a...rave-heliporte

Yoda
    Any live or dug ordnance presented by me has been disposed of by EOD technicians.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Yodamaster For This Useful Post:

AMMOTECHXT (13th September 2020), markyakyak (14th September 2020), MINENAZ16 (13th September 2020), sksvlad (13th September 2020), spotter (13th September 2020)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    So what happened seeing as i can translate.

Thanks
    As far as I can make out (and not being able to speak French), it seems a collector of militaria/ ordnance who is known to have used a metal detector to find and gather 'relics' relating to the great war, has been seriously injured and airlifted to hospital after an item yet unknown (?) exploded at his house. Locals in the village initially thought it was an explosion at a local factory, but later discovered it was the explosive kept by the collector going off, unfortunately him with it. The article also refers to an earlier incident relating to a chap who pulled a Phosphorous grenade from a lake (?) when 'magnet' fishing and suffered burns as a result.
    A sad story indeed, and unfortunately it adds to the stigma of collectors of ordnance.
    Fortunately, I believe common sense and respect generally prevails amongst us.

My apologies in advance if I'm incorrect in any area, especially to our French speaking friends....!
    Last edited by starshell; 13th September 2020 at 09:52 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to starshell For This Useful Post:

Big Dave (14th September 2020), DICKAREN (14th September 2020)