What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Serious accident in France yesterday

As far as I can make out (and not being able to speak French), it seems a collector of militaria/ ordnance who is known to have used a metal detector to find and gather 'relics' relating to the great war, has been seriously injured and airlifted to hospital after an item yet unknown (?) exploded at his house. Locals in the village initially thought it was an explosion at a local factory, but later discovered it was the explosive kept by the collector going off, unfortunately him with it. The article also refers to an earlier incident relating to a chap who pulled a Phosphorous grenade from a lake (?) when 'magnet' fishing and suffered burns as a result.
A sad story indeed, and unfortunately it adds to the stigma of collectors of ordnance.
Fortunately, I believe common sense and respect generally prevails amongst us.

My apologies in advance if I'm incorrect in any area, especially to our French speaking friends....!

Last edited: