What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknonw case -

lulus

Ordnance approved
Hi all,
Can anyone identify this casing . I could be a reduced range ammunition ?
Thank a lot
OntaFullSizeR3.jpgFullSizeR4.jpgIMG_18191.jpg

Hi, If I am not mistaken, this is a 14.5mm subcaliber projectile, derivated from the German Kleinstkanone (which wasn't at the time a subcaliber as such but a training aid for artillery), and then transformed to become a subcaliber device used among others by the French with their AMX tanks. But I am sure someone will be more specific than me. There are at least a couple of variants, one only with a tracer (red tip?) and another one with a black powder payload and a tracer to better see the impact (yellow tip). Yours seems to be of the second type, since the interior has been ejected when the black powder went off. I have an empty packaging somewhere, but need to dig to find it... I think the French manufactured these during the 70's.

@doppz92 is right. This is a 14,5mm Projectile from the 14,5x51R artillery trainer.
The picture shows as an example the DM17 with smoke charge and impact fuze.
There are different versions of the projectiles.
DM17 - Smoke
DM27 - Smoke
DM37 - Smoke, 3 Sec. delay
DM47 - Smoke, 6 Sec. delay
DM57 - Smoke, 3 Sec. delay
DM67 - Smoke, 6 Sec. delay
DM87 - Tracer

Attachments

• Zuschneiden_9.jpg
    Zuschneiden_9.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 20
Thank so much for the answer, i am really impressed by your knowledge