What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russian 37mm AA M1939 Trench Art

doppz92

Premium Member
Today is one of these days when you decide to sort out your collection and you rediscover long forgotten (burried) things. These are among the pretty old stuff I had for a long time but now suddenly attracting my attention. I am not into trench art, but when I first saw these I could'nt resist and bought them. I am not Russian ordnance literate nor am I familiar with their language. However, after a little research, I think these are made from 37mm cases, possibly for the AA M1939 gun (the cases are between 25 and 26cm long but because of the flaring, it's impossible to get an accurate measurement but the head is 51.9mm in diameter). I cannot fathom the head stamps though and need help there. I'd like to know when they ware made and where. As to where they were used and turned into art is another puzzle, but I guess it could be Indonesia, Myanmar or even India?

Attachments

• IMG_6403.jpg
    IMG_6403.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6404.jpg
    IMG_6404.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6401.jpg
    IMG_6401.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6400.jpg
    IMG_6400.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6399.jpg
    IMG_6399.jpg
    328.4 KB · Views: 10
Hi,
your vases were manufactured in 1950 and 1959 in the Zelenodolsk factory today in the republic of Tatarstan
The KV-2 and KV-2U primer screws were manufactured in Kuybishev (Samara) todays Kazachstan.

Source: Koll, Christian: Soviet Cannon, 2009