What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

30mm case identification

earni74

Premium Member
This case is a 30x115mm, although it seems to be of french manufacture, the case and shape is identical to the Japanese 30x115mm HO 155 Aircraft ammo, can anyone help with identification,thanks20200922_084614.jpgIMG-20200921-WA0001.jpgIMG-20200921-WA0002.jpg

No clue other than the "F" being predominant on Japanese ord. Which leads me to believe - - - I don't know.

Is the rim diameter 37.5 mm and body 38.0 mm? Those are the figures for the Ho-115. Nothing else seems to be close, as far as I can see, except the 25mm Oerlikons (which are longer) and the WW2 Mauser MK 212 (which is shorter). At a stretch, the case could be related to the 30 x 184B with the belt turned off.

This looks like an attempt to make a Japanese Army 30x115 Ho155 a/c cannon case IF the dimensions are correct??
The case neck has the wrong angle when I compare it to my fired Japanese case and definitely looks like a French case was reformed.
I disagree with K.Elks dimensions of this case.
My rim is 38.0mm diameter and not 37.5mm.
My case is fired and is 30.5mm instead of 30mm which is acceptable.
I have a reproduction HEI ? projectile in the case but it looks good.

Headstamp is Osaka Showa 7 18 (July 1943). Primer is Tokyo Showa 2 17 (Feb 1942).
It cost me a fortune 5 years ago but where do you find one for sale?
I will post a photo of my cartridge and headstamp in the morning. Ron.

Hi All, it was offered to me this morning, i will get my hands on it after this new lockdown hopefully in two weeks when i can study it further, thanks for your comments and no doubt this case will come again in the near future
Mick

having re formed various small arms cases to be able to (legally) use obsolete calibres then there is no reason not to get a suitable common case and re form it to an obsolete one, just need a slightly bigger press.

Jap 30x115.jpg30x115 Headstamp.jpgThe photos of my 30x115 Japanese Ho155.
The rim is 38.0mm diameter and the projectile is a replica made from brass.

Ron3350, thanks for the photo's of your round, nicely done projectile btw, like i commented earlier, once i get the case in my hands i will re open this thread, as the guy only has a ruler for measuring, there's no point in asking for further measuments, thanks to all

Ron3350, thanks for the photo's of your round, nicely done projectile btw, like i commented earlier, once i get the case in my hands i will re open this thread, as the guy only has a ruler for measuring, there's no point in asking for further measuments, thanks to all

Could be from Switzerland ?

100% agree French manufacturer Manurhin, date of manufcature 1970 doppz92, actually looks like a re-worked rarden/30x170mm case. Being batch 001, I would go with trials of some sort.