What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uh, WTF!

This is why there's no Russian version of "Inside the Bomb Squad" :wink::wink::wink:

The name of this RSP method is "EOD kick". It is however very scarcely used by actual EOD techs :)

NFW that's real! No, and I mean NO member of any military or police force would toss a potentially live grenade in a trash can.

To me that looks absolutely professional. This guys knew, just by looking at the object, that this is a toy. Look at the "Fuze". There are so many models of dummy handgrenades on the international markets. Paintball, smoke, small bangs ...... Here in the West, where most of the population know near to nothing about munitions, they all get scared. Also the local police and other officials have no training and interest. So the place is roped off and a bomb squad called in from 50 miles away. Here in my city, for the last 70 years. every year 2kg Thermite/Magnesium bomb duds are found. This is only metal and there is absolutely no danger from these. But, nobody dares to touch them. The whole aerea around is roped off and the bomb squad called in. When they have looked at the object they pick it up and toss it in their car. Huge amounts of money have been wasted on "incidents" like these in the last 70 years.

I remember a few months ago, German police made a fuss about a spent Milan tube found in someone's basement. It even made the news:tinysmile_hmm_t:

"they pick it up and toss it in their car"

That's ok, but to bin it and have it make its way back around again? No, just stupidity.