Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
    Premium Member
    Thanks

Jim Geibel ordnance book collection disposal by his family

The family of the late Jim Geibel are disposing of his book collection, and are now willing to ship outside of the USA.

There are books covering all different aspects of ordnance collecting, explosives, ammunition, grenades, weapons, etc.

The list, ordering instructions, and photos of the many items are on this link.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...mL?usp=sharing
    Last edited by reccetrooper; 26th September 2020 at 04:49 PM.
    Wanted: Baton/Irritant rounds (inert) and associated items, .700 NE (inert) and boxes (empty), .32-40 cartridge boxes (empty), WW2 British shotgun cartridge boxes (empty), Greener Police Gun cartridge boxes (empty). Message me if you have any of these items for sale/trade.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to reccetrooper For This Useful Post:

1989rjb (28th September 2020), Bellifortis (27th September 2020), justin (28th September 2020), tomsk (28th September 2020)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Recce, thank you, this is an incredible collection. I recognize some of the books I have and even some I got as a gift for Christmas when I was a boy. I had never heard of Mr. Geibel before unfortunately.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta Sierra View Post
    Recce, thank you, this is an incredible collection. I recognize some of the books I have and even some I got as a gift for Christmas when I was a boy. I had never heard of Mr. Geibel before unfortunately.
    I also had not heard of Mr Geibel, and saw the link on Facebook. I’ve purchased 11 items that will ship to the UK. His son, James Geibel II, has been very helpful.
    Wanted: Baton/Irritant rounds (inert) and associated items, .700 NE (inert) and boxes (empty), .32-40 cartridge boxes (empty), WW2 British shotgun cartridge boxes (empty), Greener Police Gun cartridge boxes (empty). Message me if you have any of these items for sale/trade.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by reccetrooper View Post
    I also had not heard of Mr Geibel, and saw the link on Facebook. I’ve purchased 11 items that will ship to the UK. His son, James Geibel II, has been very helpful.
    I’ll second that! Bought 2 books. James had made it easy to sort out.

Thanks
    Yesterday my 4 ordered books arrived after being "on the road" for 1 month and that is called "Premium Service". The local post-office clark told me, that because of Corona all overseas parcels can only be sent by "Premium Sevice" which is about double the price of "Standard Postage". All the many passenger-jets, that flew before Corona from Frankfurt to New York and carried mail, don't fly any more. In the US the parcel got stuck for 4 days in the distribution center. In Germany it got stuck 21 days in the distribution center. What are the experiences with transatlantic mail in England ?
    The books I recieved out of the Geibel collection were in a very well cared for, very fine condition. Only somebody who loves books takes that much care of them. The prices asked are very low for Europe. I have not seen such an extensive collection that covers books of more than 50 years, some of them extreme rarities. It's a pity that Corona makes mailing betwenn US and europe so extremely expensive. This seems to be a bad time for selling books overseas. The son of the late Mr.Geibel has been very helpful and has answerd all questions very promptly.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellifortis For This Useful Post:

reccetrooper (27th October 2020)

Thanks
    No great issues with transatlantic mail. The books arrived in a normal timescale, even in a pandemic.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    I sent my PayPal payment to James Geibel II on 26 September, and my books arrived at my home in UK on 6 October.

Someone in Florida is about to send a parcel to me by USPS. I hope it is not too slow.

Incidentally, I have sent via UPS from UK to South Africa, and received via DHL from South Africa. Both directions are taking less than one week, usually four days. The UPS parcels ship via Germany, and DHL often ships via The Netherlands.

Premium Member
    Images
    Thanks
    I had a parcel recently sent from Florida via USPS - reached Oz in approx. 8 days which I thought was great - however was then place in "Covid quarantine" for a week before final being delivered - depending where the shipment is from is how long it "sits" in the airport customs............

Yes, somewhat more expense via the courier services (DHL / Fedex /UPS) but they at least have their own fleet and don't rely on the commercial airlines - had a part shipped from China during April via DHL and took a week (LOL the part was $1 USD and cost me $30 for shipping)

"WANTED - DEAD not Alive" >>> High Reward paid for any Early / Pre-WW1 Torpedo Pistols