What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1918 Ersatz 21cm German Case

doppz92

Premium Member
I am not really a big fan of trench art, but this time I couldn't resist, firstly because the work is really very good and artistic and also (and mainly) because it's been done on a 21cm ersatz case made of steel and brass. I don't think these are very common, since most ersatz cases didn't survive well after the war but this one is in pristine condition and almost not rusty which is a miracle! Except from what I stated above I don't know anything about this type of case, I didn't even think they were ersatz ones, so any additional info is more than welcome.

IMG_6755.jpgIMG_6752.jpgIMG_6763.jpgIMG_6762.jpgIMG_6761.jpgIMG_6760.jpgIMG_6759.jpgIMG_6758.jpgIMG_6751.jpgIMG_6756.jpg

Hello,

interesting case especially the stamps on the base. It was made by the "Fuldaer Stanz- und Emaillierwerke F. C. Bellinger". The large "1" below the small "w" identifies it as a "Ersatz-Kartuschhülse 1 des Mörsers". Also the riveted base identifies it as this case. The Ersatz case No.2 had only one large rivet in the center.

Fantastic Ersatz case and fantastic trench art. Never seen one like that before. Thanks for sharing.