What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russian Lishin Stick Grenade

Millsman

Premium Member
I've recently repaired and made this one more presentable. Excuse the screws as they are holding a lace thin tin plate body to the stick. However they replaced much smaller chrome screws that had badly ripped up the metal.

The inner cap is missing. However I don't know if the stick is an authentic length or shape as other photos I have seen only show a short stick like the No 1 Mk II which are probably not original. I would expect a long stick for this one.

It clearly dates from the Russian Japanese war and was probably a copy of the original Japanese grenade, which also saw the birth of the British Royal Laboratory design 14751E that eventually became the No 1.

If anyone has any more photos, I'd love to see them.

SSCN6211.JPGSSCN6212.JPG

I will give my dimensions and photos in the morning if no-one else answers.
What is the total length of your grenade ? I can compare it to mine. I have not heard the word Lishin before for this grenade.

Thanks Tom. I think there is more about this grenade on that thread than on the rest of the internet.

Russian.jpgI thank Snufkin for the early link on this forum and roller63 for his photos.
My photos would only be duplicates so I only show the stamping on the handle.
My Russian grenade is 625mm overall. Handle is 495mm exposed. 20mm is inside the head.
Maybe length was not critical .

Ron, considering the scarcity of good original Russian grenades of the era, it might be worth tagging photos of yours onto the previous 2016 thread, even if you consider them duplicates. Photos of other examples can reveal subtle differences, so useful to have comparison postings.

Last edited:
View attachment 164092I thank Snufkin for the early link on this forum and roller63 for his photos.
My photos would only be duplicates so I only show the stamping on the handle.
My Russian grenade is 625mm overall. Handle is 495mm exposed. 20mm is inside the head.
Maybe length was not critical .

Ron, the photo at post #6 in the 2016 thread seems to show a wide variety body lengths, especially under the frag ring, also differing handle lengths so I'm sure yours is ok. Hopefully mine too.

John