What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Avu

jvollenberg

Ordnance approved
I am looking for the Russian manual for the AVU Bomb fuze. I have the AVU-ET, but need the information on the AVU particularly the internal functioning. I would also like to see how the Russians discus how it works.

Thanks for the help,

Joe

AFAIK, members of the family are AVU-E, AVU-ET, AVU-ETM. I've found AVU in the GRAU list, but no details.

Last edited:
However i'm not Russian i might help with its function. If you have any question feel free to ask me even in PM

Hi Joe,
as far as I know, the AVU should have the same internal construction as the AVU-ET, but instead of the electric ignition of the pyrotechnic arming system of the latter, it has a mechanical ignition. This is for older aircraft models that do not contain the electrical arming system. So, also the bodies are identical the AVU has that "arming harness ???" sunk and screwed into the side of its body,(Excuse me, but I still have problems with the right english name for this item.) which seems to be the standard arming set up for all older models before adaption of the electrical arming system.
Bellifortis.

That's what I thought. I wanted to see if their manual had anything else to add. Plus the Russian manuals just fascinate me.

Joe

Sorry no manual,
but here a picture of the models AVU, AVU-E, AVU-ET and AVU-ETM.
I think I posted it before somewhere.

Bob

Attachments

• DSC08895.jpg
    DSC08895.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 34