What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U.S. Small Arms of WW2

Slick

Just received my copy. Over 800 pages of pictures and in depth coverage of numerous weapons. Recommended.

book ww2 guns.jpg

Any info on the author? Dust jacket bio, etc?

Bruce Canfield. He's been around a while. Pretty well noted as a weapons writer guy.

Any info on the author? Dust jacket bio, etc?
I just got my copy yesterday, so I haven't read it--845 Pages--yet! But while there is NO "dust jacket bio" Bruce Canfield is very well known and may not need my endorsement; I must have bought my first book by him in the '70s or so. He was the "firearms authority" for a show I used to watch--Cajun Pawn Stars from my birthplace: Alexandria, Louisiana. He has filmed for other shows such as American Rifleman Television. The list of acknowledgements contains some impressive names: Andrew Duguid, Dolf Goldsmith, Frank Iannamico, Mark A. Keefe IV, Rick Larson, Darryl Lynn, Hayes Otoupalik, Robert Segel, John Spangler, just to name a few. Of course, a book that covers such a wide topic CANNOT go into each weapon in too much detail, but some of the pictures are worth the price in my estimation. I got my copy in a week from Shooting Gallery Books for $89.95 including postage.

I just googled him, 12 books on more/less specific weapons and plenty of articles on like items. I apparently missed him as I am much less a gun guy than many, my focus is generally elsewhere. With credit to those individuals mentioned by Taber, it sounds as though this has a fair representation on ordnance/ammunition? It may be time to expand my horizons a bit.

"ordnance/ammunition"?

Not extensive, but grenades, bazooka rounds and mortar rounds are discussed and pictured. And holsters and bayonets and flamethrowers. And guns.