What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Identication list

H

Hoeksel

Dear all,

Although I stopped collecting (my specialization was large bore shell cases of the period 1919-1945) I made a list of identification codes. It is a waste not to share, so here it is! And with some support you can expect updates in the future. Enjoy!

Due to upload file size restrictions I split the file in 2 parts.

Regards and enjoy!

Kornel Hoekerd (Hoeksel)

Attachments

• Ordnance_Identification_List_V1.0_part_2.pdf
    414.4 KB · Views: 89
  • Ordnance_Identification_List_V1.0_part_1.pdf
    444.6 KB · Views: 131
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

You can use online services like shrinkPDF or smallPDF.
On Acrobat, there is an option in the "Save as" menu

You can also upload the file in a cloud drive like Google Drive or Mediafire and share the download link.

Cheers,

S.

Updated version 1.1 with hundreds of new additions, mainly French.

Attachments

• Munitie Identificatie V1.1 25 oktober 2020 part 1.pdf
    441.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Munitie Identificatie V1.1 25 oktober 2020 part 2.pdf
    405.4 KB · Views: 75
This is a great list and thanks for posting it.
You can add these Australian factory marks / headstamps to your list. Possibly many others as no list is perfect.

ADI Australian Defence Industries
MD Ammo Factory Derwent, Tasmania
MJB
MR Rutherford
MF1
MF2
ACCA

I am sure you can find the exact factory ID in other files and shorten to fit your lists. Ron.

As a "long shot", although the list's main focus is case manufacturers, I was hoping to see if there were any potential "P" that may provide some clues for the markings on a pre-1900 torpedo pistol, which I believe was specifically made by the Whitehead Co or outsourced to a related manufacturer...............

Apart from the "P" stamp, I have also been unable to match the anchor monogram to any specific manufacturer as well.

Have you perhaps come across these stamps from your extensive research?

Thanks
Cheers
Drew

Attachments

• P manufacturers.jpg
    P manufacturers.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 20201026_204717a.jpg
    20201026_204717a.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 20201026_204648a.jpg
    20201026_204648a.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 27
Hoeksel,
A very useful list thanks for posting.
Being an Australian, I noticed a typo with MC. which was for Munitions Cheltenham/Findon not Finley. (could not use MF as this was being used by Footscray)
Regards Ozzi.

I tried to download this, but it says I need access. I've been able to download the others.

You just need to request access and I will grant it when I see the reminder email. But I see you already figured that out HAZORD.