What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stick attachment on No. 27 Pistol

Antoon

Ordnance approved
Hello,

Found this drawing in a RAF notebook and the picture on the internet.

Has someone any idea how the pistol was armed. The vane cap should normally falls off after approx. 7 rotations?

Or was the pistol used in this configuration without the vane cap and only with the safety fork? :tinysmile_cry_t:

Greetings - Antoon

Stick Attachment op No 27 Nose Pistol.jpg 83-0.png

Hallo,
I have looked up this fuze-extension-rod in the US "British Expl.Ordnance". Apparently it was originally ment for use on water but was also used for the cardboard training bombs I.T. 60 lb. and I.T. 6 lb.Mk 1 with nose pistols No.34 and No.42 . The nose pistol No. 27 was also used. The safety caps of these fuzes were screwed off and the rod-attachment screwed on instead to mate with the pressure-plate of these fuzes. All other safeties were left to be used as normal. I have never seen this rod-attachment in any collection.
Bellifortis.

Bellifortis,

Thanks for the reply. This was also my theory.
But is there any manual or RAF regulation where this information is written in?

Greetongs - Antoon