What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finish? 152 mm case

Alpini

Premium Member
Hello,

attached is a headstamp of a 152x1087R case. The same cases exists with russian headstamps dated around 1900. As far as I know they are for Schneider-Canet naval/coast guns used by the russian navy and later also by Finland.

Can anyone confirm if the attached headstamp is finish?

Anyone knows the markings? I guess OB is a factory logo?

What's the official length of the case?

The primer hole is identical to the russian cases and the russian primers I have fit well. The russian primers are very similar french naval primers (but not the same). Did finish primers exist as well?

Attachments

• 152x1087.jpg
    152x1087.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
I had the same case. According to me Swedish made although these cases did indeed come from Finland most likely in a big lot with mixed cases (Russian and these and with Finnish re-load marks). The Finns used a lot!

Thanks, strange that yours was longer. I meassured two of them and both have 1087-1088 mm.

Where are the Finnish / Swedish members? It could' nd be true that nobody knows the manufacturer :) Such heavy large and long cases weren't manufactured in a small backyard factory.

Last edited:
Double checked my reference list, your length should be correct. Don't have any collection anymore so can't re-measure my case. Probably made a typo. As for the reference, this case is a 15,2 T tpk B 16K. Not sure what that means, but sounds Finnish to me. It mentions Russian and Finnish, where the Finish case has an L2 marking. Now I will also wait for the Finnish collectors :).

Hello Kornel,

just a small notification: I just read that these cases existed in three lengths: 965mm, 1090mm and 1115 mmm. The 1115 mm long case was a cartridge case the shorter cases were separate loaded.

Last edited: