What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting Projectile

jvollenberg

Ordnance approved
Check out the holes in the neck of the projo on this image ...

Joe

Attachments

• 292323_original.jpg
    292323_original.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 173
It seems to be a 100mm KS-19 AA gun.
I wonder if the round loaded is also a special anti hail projectile or a regular HE (guess it would work too :))

Bob

Hum, must be missing something here - "anti-hail"?

I don't think it to stop hail formation - what purpose are these used for from a military perspective?

Thanks
Cheers
Drew

Why do you think there is always blue sky at the Red Square Military Parade :)

Bob

Hum, I don't think the guy in the photo is worrying about "Blue Skies".......................LOL

https://patents.google.com/patent/CN105890469A/en

The photo description says:
Employees of the anti-hail service of the Uzbek SSR load the anti-hail cannon with special shells (1973).
I think the man in the foreground is handling a rocket in Minenaz16's diagram, not related to the 100 mm KS19 gun. (You can see the guy in the white shirt loading the huge 100mm fixed round.)

The rain can be "initiated" also by the shock wave, hence my previous question.

Bob

Last edited:
These are villagers, not military men, so Hail-brigade in Uzbekistan 1973 does fit the picture. These are expensive rounds and equipment. A standard Uzbekian village farmer is not able to pay for such services nowadays. Did the soviet government pay for such services on the fringes of their empire ? I wonder.
Bellifortis.

Last edited:
There were no farmers, only members of Kolchoz. The land, factories, hospitals, schools all belonged "to the people". Centraly directed economy was able to direct resources to many projects. I think that all bocn members coming from former eastern block countries could think of some example when the military technology was used for the good of the working class.
And also how efficient such system was :)

Bob

Last edited: